Happy New Year to all of our Young People, Parents/Guardians, Leaders and Supporters.
What a year its been for the 23rd Bromley! It started off well in January with another entertaining Pantomime which raised £2,600 and a very kind donation from Sir Robert McAlpine which allowed us to purchase a wide range of new camping equipment. February saw Spitfire Beavers hold an awesome Hogwarts themed sleepover at Wilberforce, before the Explorers become Scouts of Steel champions in early March.
In the middle of March we were faced with the suspension of face-to-face Scouting for the first time in the groups history, but despite this we have still been busy. From April onwards we have:
- Held over 50 virtual section meetings
- Awarded over 200 badges to our Young People
- Assisted vulnerable local residents with food shopping
- Camped from our homes/gardens with Camp at Home and Camp Out for Kenya
- Raised over £530 for BBC Children in Need and Comic Relief by Hiking to the Moon
- Carried out our first ever virtual investiture
- Held our first ever virtual AGM
- Supported a virtual Remembrance Day service
- Collected over 30 bags of donations for the Bromley Brighter Beginnings’ Christmas Hamper Appeal
We would like to thank everyone who has supported us over the last 12 months, in what has been one of the most challenging years for the group. We expect there are still a number of challenges ahead of us, but we are hoping to get back to some form of normality in 2021.