Gift Aid

As a special dispensation the HM Revenue & Customs allows Scout Groups like ours to claim back the income tax that you have paid on donations you make to the Group. This covers the subs that parents/guardians pay each term, as well as other genuine donations.

Currently the Group gets a rebate of just under £1000 per annum. But this could over £2500 if every parent (who pays tax at the standard rate or more) signed up for Gift Aid.

Only one tax payer per family needs to sign up – and this one form will see their child right through their Scouting life – from Beavers to Explorers.

If you haven’t signed up (or can’t remember) please fill in the Gift Aid Form below and we will then do all of the rest:

Gift Aid  – Frequently asked Questions and Answers:

Q. Is a Gift Aid declaration complicated?

A. No it is very simple and only requires you to declare that you want your payments in respect of subscriptions to be treated as Gift Aid payments.

Q. Do I have to complete a separate declaration for each of my children in the Group?

A. No one declaration covers all payments you make in respect of their subscriptions.

Q. What can Gift Aid be claimed for?

A. The Group are able to claim Gift Aid on both subscription payments and donations made by donors – the above form covers both.

Q. Will I have to reveal any personal tax information?

A. No all that is needed is very basic information i.e. your name and address and confirmation that you want your payments to be treated as Gift Aid payments.

Q. Will it cost me anything extra?

A. No, the Group will simply claim back the tax that would have otherwise have gone to the HM Revenue & Customs. This way we can use the tax to reduce the impact of subscriptions, and improve the programme we offer. It will also save you money in the long term as the revenue we get from claiming the tax back will help prevent large subscription increases.

Q. What will I have to do in the future?

A. Nothing, once you complete the declaration this covers your child(ren) until they leave the Group.

Q. What happens if my child changes sections?

A. Nothing, as the gift aid declaration is not in respect of a specific sum but merely the subscription, however much that will be.

Q. What happens if I stop paying tax?

A. If you stop paying tax or have paid insufficient tax to cover the amount the Group will be claiming back you should inform the Scout Group and they will not make a claim for your payments.

Q. What happens if my child leaves the Group?

A. As there is no legal commitment in a Gift Aid declaration you will cease making payments and the Group will only claim back the tax on the payments you made before the child left the Group.

Everyday adventure challenge, fun and friendship! Reg Charity No: 267692